At Ecocem we take the health and safety of our employees seriously. To prove our commitment to safety in the workplace we have implemented OHSAS (Occupational Health and Safety Management System) 18001 across all of our Irish facilities.
Ecocem’s Health and Safety Policy
It is the policy of Ecocem to comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 and any other applicable legislation and code of practice to ensure the safety, health and welfare of all employees in the workplace. We are committed to the prevention of injury and ill health to all our staff and we are committed to ensuring the safety of visitors and clients at our place of work.
The Safety Policy of our organization is:
- The standards of Safety, Health and Welfare will be maintained at the highest level.
- The company aims for continual improvement through setting and reviewing Health and Safety objectives annually.
- An integral part of effective management in our operations is an awareness that high standards of Safety, Health & Welfare are required.
- Employees at all levels, wherever employed, will receive sufficient training in the safety, health and welfare aspects of their work to ensure that they are aware of potential hazards and the action required to overcome them.
- All employees will co-operate together and with the employer to prevent injury to themselves and to others. It is only with the active co-operation of all employees that good health and safety conditions may be attained.
To ensure continuous improvement throughout Ecocem we have established objectives around this policy:
- Achieve OHSAS 18001 Certification
- Training of staff in Occupational Health and Safety
- Zero on site accidents